The tuition fee covers all course fees and the majority of text books which are on loan for the period of study.
Boarding fee (38 Weeks) +Homestay Accommodation as required (Homestay accommodation will be organised for exeat weekends and school holiday periods. Homestay accommodation is charged to the student’s disbursements account at NZ$40 per night.)
Including government levy
TOTAL PAYABLE ON ENROLMENT
Refundable if all accounts have been paid at the end of the student’s time with us.
- Rathkeale College is a signatory to the Education Code of Practice (International Translations of the Education Code of Practice are available here)
- Rathkeale College ERO report 2018
- International Student Complaints
All uniform and stationery will be purchased upon arrival and charged to the Disbursement Account. Average cost for full uniform is $1000-$1700.
Examination Fees of NZ$385.00 will be invoiced with annual fees or on enrolment for students in Year 11, 12 & 13
Boys in boarding provide their own duvet & duvet cover. The College can purchase these for International students and charge it to their disbursements account (approximately $120 for duvet & cover). Students will be charged for class trips, club activities, specialised music tuition, etc, on a case by case basis. This will vary depending on the subjects taken and the extracurricular activities undertaken by the student. All additional expenses will be charged back to the student’s parents by way of a monthly Disbursement Account. This account will contain itemised details of all charges made and is payable within 14 days of issue. Overdue accounts will be subject to an additional interest charge. Please see ‘Terms and Conditions of Enrolment’ for further information.
Homestay accommodation will be organised as required for exeat weekends and school holiday periods. Homestay accommodation is charged to the student’s disbursement account at the rate of $40 per night.
Estimates of annual cost NZ$ $3,375
This is the estimated cost of new uniform. The uniform may be sold back to the College when the student leaves.
External examination fees will be charged with annual fees on enrolment for students in Years 11 to 13.
The College can arrange medical insurance, as required under NZ law, at a cost of approximately $580 per annum.
Incidental costs vary from student to student but typically these will range between $2,000 and $3,000.
Incidental costs may include:
$2,000 to $3,000
* Duvet & cover * Stationery * Doctors visits * School & sporting trips
* School camps * Music & vocal tuition * Local travel * Phone cards
* Visa applications * Weekend trips * Insurance * Holiday fares
Fee invoices are sent to parents in October for the following school year. It is recommended that fees are paid by the middle of November to allow time for the processing of visas and other documentation. Payment is required before an Offer of a Place for International Student form can be completed.
International fees should be paid directly into the following bank account, referencing the student’s name.
Bank: Westpac Bank Branch: Masterton, New Zealand Account Name: Rathkeale College Board of Trustees Account Number: 03 0687 0276547 00 Swift code: WPACNZ2W
Please note that bank charges are your responsibility.
Additional costs are recovered from parents by means of a disbursement account. This account will itemise details of all charges and should be paid to the College by the 20th of the month following invoice.
There are various means by which payment may be made:
- By Credit Card – you should contact the school office to provide card details
- Electronic payment may be made directly to the College’s bank account, referencing the student’s name.
- Students can open a local bank account to enable the College accounts to be paid on a regular basis.
- Parents can deposit a lump sum with the College at the beginning of the year, to cover disbursements during the year. This should be in the order of $5,000 to $8,000 depending on the student’s year level.
Sunday 27 January – Friday 12 April (Exeats Feb 16/17 and March 9/10 and March 30/31)
– Easter break in the holidays.
29 April – 5 July (Exeats May 18/19, June 1-3 (QBW) and June 22/23)
22 July – 27 September (Exeats August 10/11 and August 31/September 1)
14 October – Saturday 30 November (Prizegiving)
If you have any further queries regarding fees and other charges please contact the College.