Proud Academic Record
There is a strong focus on academic excellence at Rathkeale College. All students are expected, assisted and encouraged to develop a passion for learning, to set personal goals and to monitor and evaluate their own progress.
The school is seeking to build upon its history of academic excellence by fostering a stimulating learning environment which features:
- a conscious effort to limit class sizes (maximum 25, average 15).
- enthusiastic and highly qualified specialist teachers.
- streamed English and Mathematics NCEA classes.
- accelerated and extension programmes to provide academic challenge.
- individual attention paid to specific learning needs.
- ongoing monitoring and regular reporting of students’ progress and performance.
- academic results which greatly exceed those of comparable schools.