REPORTING TO PARENTS AT RATHKEALE AND SENIOR COLLEGE
Rathkeale is adopting a different style of reporting for the 2020 academic year. In line with other schools, we aim to build a sense of ‘real time’ reporting, using information and results which will be made available to parents as they are recorded.
- Parents are encouraged to regularly check results via the Parent Portal.
- As a result is gained by a student and entered into KAMAR, teachers will record a short comment.
- All grades will use the N A M E format.
- Effort Grades will be completed twice a term for the whole school in Terms 1, 2, 3, and once in Term 4 for years 9 & 10.
- Effort Grades will focus on four Key Competencies: Participating and Contributing, Managing Self, Thinking and Relating to Others, with grades Beginning, Developing, Accomplished and Exemplary.
- Traditional full written reports will not be produced.
- A final reference/testimonial will be produced for students at the end of Year 13 and for other leavers ‘on demand’.
Please read the full document Reporting Overview 2020
Schedule of Reporting
Effort Grade Report: Friday 6 March (Week 6) and Friday 3 April (Week 10)
Parent Teacher Interviews (All Years): Thursday 19 March and Friday 20 March (Week 8)
Effort Grade Report: Friday 12 June June (Week 9)
Effort Grade Report: Friday 17 August (Week 5) and Friday 18 September (Week 9)
Parent Teacher Interviews (Years 11, 12 and 13): Friday 31 July (Week 2)
Parent Teacher Interviews (Years 9 and 10): Friday 11 September (Week 8)
Effort Grade Report (Years 9 and 10): Friday 6 November