Rathkeale College is an integrated school in which Christian values are promoted within our Anglican heritage. Every student, regardless of their background or beliefs, is expected to participate in the spiritual life of the school. Being open minded and accepting of the messages given in weekly chapel services allows the boys to ponder their personal spirituality.
How we promote our special character:
- The presence of a full-time residential Chaplain at the school
- The historic St Martin’s On The Close Chapel
- Regular full school and year level Chapel services
- Religious Education studies as part of the junior school curriculum
- Involvement of parents and families in the spiritual life of the school
- Promoting positive personal relationships
Our Chaplain is Mr Dale Walterhouse who lives on site at Rathkeale. As well as teaching Religious Education, he visits the boarding houses in a pastoral role after school hours.
Read more on our Chaplaincy page.
From the Anglican Schools Office: Understanding the Special Character of an Anglican School